Skip to main content

To take it easy (learning to do 1 thing not 10)

Do you stress ? I stress a lot. 

The past days I've been kind of busy with making sure that all the forms/document for my exchange and moving are correct, and the truth is, there hasn't really been that much that needed to be done (since I started fixing everything many many months ago), just some small things that are easily fixed, so why do I get so stressed about them? I always do that, I panic and I make things a bigger deal than they probably actually are, just because what if it turns out that its a big deal, than I have to do everything, and I mean everything to try to fix it, sometimes it feel like I almost search for the problems just so that I will have a solution for it if it decides to  suddenly run into me.

But the thing is, I should just do what I can and then relax because I've already done what I can do for now. Over thinking doesn't usually mean that you came up with anything smart, or at least in my head it sound more like a stressed out parrot who's had to much coffee..and walks in an endless circle.

I know where the over thinking, stress and always trying to fix something comes from.., You know, If I Just..Keep things from falling into pieces..  I'm also very often afraid to do something "wrong" to by mistake fill out a form wrong or to forget something, I don't want to break the rules, and in my head the rules became the law, I don`t know, maybe I'm just an extremely law obeying citizen, and that's a good thing, Right ?

I've noticed that I also stress with having time to do everything and I mean fun things too, I want to live, and do all the things I never thought I would do, you know create myself and be that person I always wanted to be. I wonder sometimes where I get the energy to do all this things, all the societies boards, dance, scouts, exercise, work, volunteer-work , student parties, travel, Erasmus exchange, But I think I do know, Im used to this tempo..

Sometimes I have that feeling, and I know that its true, that I take on way to much, and doing way to much seldom leads much good. I mean sure you get to experience so much, but at the same time so much goes unseen, you might feel like you cant really concentrate on one thing when theres ten to keep track of. Your missing the good parts when you think of one thing while doing another. I don't know exactly how to put into words, but to me it feel like you miss the things and the feeling that matters. I want to pore my heart into something, not run around trying to find it, do everything. Because if you try to do everything you you don`t  end up doing very much.

I still, from time to time, try to learn to say No, to let go and say Yes, to calm myself down; No, now I need a break, and No, I don't have to do that too, and No, I don't have to do that now immediately. And Yes, It will be fine and Yes its okay to take it easy !

Don't worry (to much),be happy (even for the small things), learn to calm your self down (Im still working on that)  and try to shut down that inner stressed parrot or exhausted road runner.

You can take a break <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u