Skip to main content

A mother hen in the dating scene



I wanted to write a little about the struggle of giving things time, when taking time to know them and end up pushing them aside.

When you believe you should not start before you truly know you like them exactly as they are.

As time passes by you might find your feelings for them grow only to realize you missed the boat some time ago. The might have meet someone else while you chose to take it slow. 

You might find yourself giving them insight on how you wish things would be, 
how the right person would sweep you off your feet, 
and actually end up feeling like you given them advice,on how to make an impression on someone else they find nice. 

 I guess there are those who are ready faster than me.

From time to time you wish you could go back to tell your feelings sooner then they appeared, 
but that is not possible and after all being friends is what you need, 

And yes you care for them so you wish them to grow for however their life turns out to be.
I guess this is what the feeling of being a mother hen must be. 

It hurts to know I might miss out, that I let something good slip away,
but I am doing it out of love, I guess I just wish that some day they would stay. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dream way of living; minimal housing, community, flexibility, nature, adventure

For a few years now I have wanted to live in a tiny house on wheels;           a mobile, ecological, minimalist grandmas cottage. Big windows, wooden floors, natural and warm yet bright surfaces,with pops of color (sunflower yellow kitchen cabinets, turquoise tiles or a single tea-pot) and Moroccan and Scottish throws and pillows. A spacious bedroom loft with a window in the ceiling, a small and not too heavy fireplace to keep the house warm during the winter (or just to boil tea and that cozy factor), a tiny wooden sauna room at the back with an inbuilt shower and half of a giant whisky barrel which could serve both as a sauna seat and bath tub. Storage space under the stairs (my goal is to have as little "stuff" as possible), a dinner table that comes up from the floor when needed, a couch/storage by the window. Wheels underneath to get to new exciting locations when needed (for work, other responsibilities or due to climate change), a few wooden fold box...

In a year

Do things feel like they are not going anywhere, like you are stomping your feet on the same piece of ground ? Has your heart just been broken ? Are you asking yourself; will I ever get over this.. does this pattern just repeat itself. I feel this way sometimes... stuck... in pain... in an emotional rut.. you name it....sniffling and incapable to see the light, although to be fair.. that light.. even in the darkest of times does, in small glimpses, a little here and there, make it through to reach my receptive self. But seeing the small pieces can sometimes be an exhausting process....in this piece I wanted to concentrate on something else, something bigger. The Magic in a Year. If you think back on last year.. how much has changed, how many bigger or minor heartbreaks have you concurred (and yes.. not still faced..) and how has your view on the world broadened ? How many adventures (some more sudden) has the past year taken you on ? How has your life changed within that year ? ...

Life observations

I decided to make a list of observations I made here in my little London life the past month. - Here on Stroud Green Road, Next to the Big Yellow car-wash  there was an injured pigeon walking the street, a cat was chasing it. The bird could not fly and had no chance, a man came and picked up the pigeon and moved him to a safe location, my faith in humanity was restored. - I explained to the fire-alarm, (as it went off) not to worry- it was only burned toast. - If you observe me you will find that I always apologies to furniture I bump into. As I hit my toe I will most likely say something along these lines; "I'm sorry.. Ouuch.. &%#?, Ouuch.. And then I laugh or cry depending on the damage. I wonder how I would react if the door suddenly replied with a British politeness, - I am starting to realize that I am a little bit of Ted Mosby, Bridget Jones and the foxes that scream outside my window at night, non of them never give up on whatever they are fighting for. - ...