Skip to main content

Why I won't say thank you



Dear men and boys out there, who took the courage to say I will, it is wonderful that you want to show us what examples you will be. And those few of you who said you have, thank you for your honesty- it is heartwarming to see that you now have grown, so that whenever we are around you we can feel safe, respected and free.

I know it is not all, but I believe there are some, who search for applause and appraisal for what they now have become.
That you now realized something that was there all along
it was there in the looks, attitudes, song and talks, you just did not do anything about it that is all.

For something that should have been a given, you now choose to see the truth.
to look it straight in the eye, and remind yourself that this person will not be you.

And yes you are wonderful lads, and I wish more than anything that your example will lay down a path, so that even those still in denial can pick up their act.

But I will not say thank you, as that would be like giving a balloon to a child for no longer bullying the weaker one or standing by. What would that balloon feel like for the invisible child ?

(the metaphor is quite out there, I just wanted to reach to the emotions, most of us have experienced bullying after all)

I will not say thank you- but Finally, finally we choose to see and listen to everything there is to say.
I am thankful that perhaps now some day, there would be an end to being treated the same "that is just how it is sometimes" way.

But I will not say Thank you- for you are not a hero in this play. You are simply a man taking responsibility for the games you used to watch or play.

I should not have had to say #metoo for you to say #Ihave or #Iwill in the first place.

But dear men and boys out there- I am thankful for this change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My dream way of living; minimal housing, community, flexibility, nature, adventure

For a few years now I have wanted to live in a tiny house on wheels;           a mobile, ecological, minimalist grandmas cottage. Big windows, wooden floors, natural and warm yet bright surfaces,with pops of color (sunflower yellow kitchen cabinets, turquoise tiles or a single tea-pot) and Moroccan and Scottish throws and pillows. A spacious bedroom loft with a window in the ceiling, a small and not too heavy fireplace to keep the house warm during the winter (or just to boil tea and that cozy factor), a tiny wooden sauna room at the back with an inbuilt shower and half of a giant whisky barrel which could serve both as a sauna seat and bath tub. Storage space under the stairs (my goal is to have as little "stuff" as possible), a dinner table that comes up from the floor when needed, a couch/storage by the window. Wheels underneath to get to new exciting locations when needed (for work, other responsibilities or due to climate change), a few wooden fold box...

In a year

Do things feel like they are not going anywhere, like you are stomping your feet on the same piece of ground ? Has your heart just been broken ? Are you asking yourself; will I ever get over this.. does this pattern just repeat itself. I feel this way sometimes... stuck... in pain... in an emotional rut.. you name it....sniffling and incapable to see the light, although to be fair.. that light.. even in the darkest of times does, in small glimpses, a little here and there, make it through to reach my receptive self. But seeing the small pieces can sometimes be an exhausting process....in this piece I wanted to concentrate on something else, something bigger. The Magic in a Year. If you think back on last year.. how much has changed, how many bigger or minor heartbreaks have you concurred (and yes.. not still faced..) and how has your view on the world broadened ? How many adventures (some more sudden) has the past year taken you on ? How has your life changed within that year ? ...

Life observations

I decided to make a list of observations I made here in my little London life the past month. - Here on Stroud Green Road, Next to the Big Yellow car-wash  there was an injured pigeon walking the street, a cat was chasing it. The bird could not fly and had no chance, a man came and picked up the pigeon and moved him to a safe location, my faith in humanity was restored. - I explained to the fire-alarm, (as it went off) not to worry- it was only burned toast. - If you observe me you will find that I always apologies to furniture I bump into. As I hit my toe I will most likely say something along these lines; "I'm sorry.. Ouuch.. &%#?, Ouuch.. And then I laugh or cry depending on the damage. I wonder how I would react if the door suddenly replied with a British politeness, - I am starting to realize that I am a little bit of Ted Mosby, Bridget Jones and the foxes that scream outside my window at night, non of them never give up on whatever they are fighting for. - ...