Skip to main content

I'm still breathing (about self-harm and being stuck in abuse)

You might be wondering why this dark topic is now in front of your eyes, well, first of all this is a part in my life that I no longer choose to hide. But I wrote about this before, thought about leaving it there, but it came back to my mind so now I've touched this part of my life once again.

Last night (around 3 am ) I wrote a poem about those darkest days, there is no hopeful ending, because that darkness was my state.

This poem is the battle for life you go through when stuck. Emotionally and fearfully to a situation you feel that you cant get away from.

Self-harm isn't a sign of weakness, of giving up on life.. it's the exact opposite, It's a sign of strength, this is not to glorify the terrifying act, but to open an understanding towards this battle for life, It was the only thing that still helped me feel that I was here, the pain ensured me that I wouldn't disappear.

Fire= Self-harm
Smoke= Tears, sadness, dizziness, shaking, being distant



I'm Still Breathing 


I know this is my life now, and I guess you can´t see,
that even though I'm in it, I am losing me. 

I barely hear my voice,
it's nothing but a distant sound,
echoes of who I used to be.

I wish that I could still see me,
before I disappear,
feel my own presence,
Even though I know you think you see me clear.
But let me tell you, 
I am not here.

I try to grasp with every fiber, hit these silent walls.
But I am moving nowhere,
I will have to take more force.

I can barely breathe now,
but I'm still gasping for air, 
this life of mine without me,
it's getting more and more severe.

I am at the bottom, throwing rocks,
causing fires that I would then have to stop.
The question is do you see the smoke?

If you did I'm sorry,
I did not mean to bring this to your attention.

It is my battle,
but maybe you should know,
that my life is in danger.

I'm sorry. 
This is too much information...
and what if you saw my fires, my panicked eyes and inner reflection.

Would you choose to look away, or tell me,
that  I simply want attention.

I wish you would see me,
but not like this.

My roar can be quite freighting,
something you're better off to miss.

But I have to continue, 
before I go numb,
I will not fall into silence,
this will not be what I have become.

For as long as I am breathing, I will run.

These silent walls are coming closer,
This is not what I will become.

But my voice is tired,
my legs are sore,
But I will keep on fighting,
and fighting again once more.

I guess I'm the one whos crazy,
and even `Our Love`could concur all.
I just wish that I didn't have to fall.

But the question;`are you okey ?`
could change it all.

If you are out there; Could you please make that call ?


So, what do people feel that they can not leave?  For this there are many answers, mine would be love. A life that was a pre-made plan. A life I had put all my love in and fought for. Also fear of the unknown- myself in a world outside this; who would love this wreck ? This was it, my equation for life, you just have to do whatever you can to make it seem alright. It's like being trapped in your own destiny, and I know how strange that sounds (I mean you decide of the turns in your life dont you?.. but in this mind-state.. that is not the case..) It is like you are slowly being assigned not to breathe, you want to scream, but for love.. you take on the message, piece by piece.

There are those who might look at this wreckles panic and possible marks as a sign of weakness.
There is a constant fear of judgement, that no one would understand.
But not all people are bad.
They will not think you are mad.

If they see the fire they will run towards you,
not away.

If they see the smoke, they will stop to ask if you're okey.

So, dear bystander,
step in, be brave.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u