Skip to main content

Here and Now (what an emotionally abusive relationship taught me)

Before starting this blog I thought a long time about how much I should tell about my past and the things that drove me in to writing a blog like this. I decided that it would be important to tell some things, so that the possible readers would better understand where I`m coming from. But I had one simple rule; besides writing about the things I went through, I would always make sure to write what I learnt from these experiences.

During those four years there where a lot of thing I wish that I had never experienced. Until this day there are a lot of things that I don't mention, and I surely didn't tell about them to anyone else then, not even to my closest friends. Those things where everyday life to me, something I got used to, shoved into " that geeky box" or told myself that the they were thing "some guys say",  felt sickness for even though I couldn't make the connection and blamed myself and other things around me. 

I will write down some of my experiences, and you believe what you choose to believe.  But whatever you dear reader decide, I hope that you never stop to roar in your own afterglow.

 A Throw Back:

" I wish you were here, here with me, happy about this life, us and even me, wish you could see me. I'm here you know ?"
 He would tell me that he and some of the great big ones were the only ones who knew the truth about the Universe, time and life's existence. If he tried hard enough, he could even disproof their theories. I wished that when I came home that he would have seen me, even looked at me, sometimes I think he did, I think he even took his headphones off. But most of the time he wanted to stay in that world, it was more important. Even a spring day on my family's dock, where I had dragged him, couldn't keep him away from his computer and the research that he was doing.
There was his need for greatness and worry about not getting his ideas saved for the far future, fantasies about fixing ( and replacing) my eye and it`s visionary defects with future machine inventions, something my dad even got to hear about... and food flavored pills like the ones in Willy Wonka that would make the daily feeding so much easier, It sure was fun to cook for him.

His drinking, the actions that followed, my worries and the blame I had to take for always bringing that up were another part of our everyday life. By the end of it even I started to gradually take a few to many, to get a chance to escape and forget the future that I hopelessly had settled for. (What to think about when you decide to drink and how constant bad decisions can affect the ones closest to you is something I also want to focus on in a future post )


I've learnt and I`m still learning:

The last 6 months before I finally stood up, I started to notice things outside the hopeless life that I for a long time had hold on to and even settled for being my future. I learnt to laugh again, somewhat truly and I even found myself a hobby after many years of not thinking what I needed out of my life. I participated in dance lessons, My reflection in the mirror was hard to look at, but Bollywood stole my heart for 1 hour a week.

One of the most happiest experience that enlightened me the most how ever, was at the end of one of the camps for the disabled that I for the first time ever, had been a a camp leader for. We were on the bus driving back home, the sun was shining and one older camp participant told us camp leaders over and over again that this has been a really fun camp. And he was right, It had been. It was wonderful that someone could be so happy about such a simple thing. It`s amazing how people can spread happiness around them. Life is truly beautiful.

Another thing is to be able to accept your flaws, be true to yourself and work on those which are workable and really matter in life (starting from your feelings and behavior). For a long time I've had a difficulty in letting go of people who wouldn't meet me half way, I still struggle with that every day.

I've learnt how important it is to be there for each other and to be able to be right here right now. It may not always be easy, and I struggle with that all the time, but I value that idea and I'm glad that I learnt to do that at a fairly young age. True presence and Mindfulness are both something to lay behind your ear. I also learnt to appreciate life as it comes, with all its up and downs, I no longer escape somewhere else.
It`s not the great scientists who will teach you the most important lessons in life, its the people around you who will. Sometimes the wisest thing said came out of the smallest people or from an old woman who no one had ever heard of.



 Never let someone take away your happiness.


Words to that Past; Even though as painful, as human life can beI would, in a heartbeat, trade eternal life as a machine, for one last day as a human being <3 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u