Skip to main content

She`s a person (the objectifying behavior)

Over the past years I`ve been thinking a lot about how guys talk about girls and how they talk to them, what they say that they look for in a girl and so on. Some men (and of course women too) can be very superficial and also talk (in my opinion) somewhat degrading about the other gender... I`ve been in a Sauna as the only girl with a bunch of guys, and listening to them talk about us like.. well.. it wasn't nice to hear. To be honest it made me feel a bit sick. How can men, far past puberty, and in an age where you would think that they would start acting and thinking like grown ups, still talk about girl as.. well.. pieces of meat ?

A girl is not just "good boobs and nice ass and long blond hair, or whatever haircolor,  or figure you desire " made me feel sick even writing that sentence...

Its not my puzzle to solve, but I hope that they in time, whenever that is, learn to better ways and don't teach that way of talking to there own sons someday. How would they feel if someone someday spoke about their daughter that way ?

But why do they say he things they say ? And besides right in front of us in our own real life, what are men like this doing inside our TV´s ? And why do some girls fall for it ?

The girls should get up their confidence to not fall for these men (and I myself have been there, accepting it, liking the attention and so on). We should know that we are worth so much more, and better. But sometimes, no matter how much your aware of the fact that you deserve someone who talks to you and about you as a person, you still sometimes slip and accept.. look past it, over and over again... But we just have to keep climbing towards what we deep down know that we deserve.

And what about those guys.. ? Don`t they know that a truly confident self- respecting woman will never fall for them, if they keep on acting that way? And Isn't a woman who's confident and self-respecting just as sexy as it can get ? And most importantly don't we all want a partner who's confident enough to not accept this kind of behaviour ?


So.. some men out there (o yes you know if this applies to you) please grow up, and girls.. you deserve better ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u