Skip to main content

I wrote it down- The little note (about being your own best friend in moments of anxiety)

It's always good to write, especially to write down your feelings, to get clarity. The University School psychologist thought me a few years ago to write a positive journal. The idea was to remind myself of whats good that going on in my life. It helped a lot, to see the positive in the things that have happened, what I've learnt and how it made me stronger and what good I can see in this day.
slowly it helped to change my way of thinking. So now I don't have to write down a list or a journal everyday. It's in the way that I feel.

And first I thought that it was all about writing down all the things I learnt, the fun things that are happening right now and what I should look forward too. But with time I realised that its much more than that, For myself I adapted that positive writing to use whenever I start to feel anxious.

Important here to know about anxiety, if you didn't already, is that it comes as waves (at least mine does) you don't have it all the time, and sometimes you don't really know why, it just overwhelms you and your emotions, a heavy feeling that makes you feel like you have a heavy lump somewhere close to your heart.

Let the writing be your best friend, a hug at that moment when you might feel that you cant ask it from someone. And even if you can get a hug and someone to talk too, do it anyway, do it for you, it helps <3

So, I write small supporting notes,  It calms me down, It reminds me that I'm here.


I wanted to share one of these notes with you, I wrote this one at school about a year ago. I wrote it in Swedish so I'm going to write it down here in both Swedish and English.

Swe.

Idag är jag okej, ja kanske känner Ă¥ngest men jag är okej.
Ă„ven om jag varit med om mycket, känner rädsla och det slĂ¥r tillbaka är jag okej.
Jag steg upp idag, jag Ă¥t frukost, jag gick till skolan, jag försöker och gör mitt bästa och just nu är DET tillräckligt <3
Jag skrev detta, jag skrev ned hur det känns. Det är okej .

Jag skall lyssna till mitt inre och ge mig själv tid, tid att helna, det är okej !
Varje dag är en chans till en ny början. Varje dag bär i sig nĂ¥got gott och även om jag känner mig trött är jag glad att jag är här; här & just nu! <3


Eng.

Today I'm okey, I might feel anxious but I'm okey.
Even though I`ve been through a lot, feel fear and it hits back I'm okey.
I got up today, I ate breakfast, I walked to school, I try and do my best and right now THAT is enough <3
I wrote this, I wrote down how it feels. That is okey.

I will listen to the inner me and give myself time, time to heal, that is okey!
Every day is a chance to a new beginning. Every day carries within it something good and even though I feel tired I'm happy that I'm here; here & right now <3



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u