Skip to main content

The reason I write so openly

I felt a lot of shame for the things I had gone through, what he had pushed me in to, and I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror. Who could I trust, or did I just trust anyone who knocked on my door ? Did I know what to look out for or was I just dragging more of them to me?  Was I going crazy ? Would anyone understand ? I knew the school psychologist did, but what about everyone else, what about the outside world ? My friends? Where had I been, who was I ? How to get my life back and what was that ? Could I find any understanding for this battle I was going through. ?

I felt alone, very alone, even though I had friends around me.

I want to share these experiences because I want to be a part of breaking the silence, tell about that what actually many people face everyday. By writing about it in the way that I do, what I faced, how it effected me and how I everyday work hard with myself to become stronger I also want to help to take away that feeling of shame. Because we are not victims, we are survivors and continue to be fighters, everyday.

Abuse shouldn't be a taboo, we should speak up. To make sure that nobody gets stuck in that situation again and that if they do, they remember what there truly worth, love;  and love is not danger, love is not humiliation, love is not being silenced. Love makes you smile from the inside out and from the outside in, Love is safety, Love is many things, but its not supposed to hurt or harm you.

And If I talk about the importance to talk, to tell what you been through and whats on your mind,  then I feel that I should be brave enough to do that too.

Writing a blog like this isn't easy.. and there are several times that I think long and hard how I should say something.. what words to use to not be to graphic or if I at all should say it.. after all this is the Internet.. But I want to tell, I want to be honest to myself and be open about so many things as possible, because only that way can you truly learn and grow to be whole.

Its also important to not reveal identities. And when it comes to him, unless you knew us, then there shouldn't be away for you to find him. And trust me, I don't want anything to do with him so I do everything I can not to reveal him. And also, that is the mature thing to do. I haven't seen him or heard from him in .. well it will be 3 years on Christmas eve..  that's when he decided to contact me again..


In the future Id like to be a therapist both in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and Trauma. Trauma Therapy helps you deal with the past to get clarity and heal the emotional and psychological wounds. I would also like to help someone dealing with Panic because I know what its like to be alone in that. CBT helps you find your way again, the inner strength you always had but had forgotten. That's what I like so much about therapy, the main goal is to make the person realize that they had it within them all along, they just needed help to find it again and guidance in how to use that inner voice to strengthen themselves, to be their own best friend.

I believe strongly in that If you want to become a therapist you have to deal with your own past too.

As and End to this Post, here's a little something;

Sometimes life gives you a storm and you might barely get through it and after your afraid that every single raindrop, cloud or wind is going to bring another one to you again, you might feel naked for you lost your clothes, you might feel ashamed, you lost you, but you need to find something new to wear, something new that is you, a new way to look at yourself, that together with your fighting spirit that you soon learn that all along was there, will help you endure all the weather that comes your way, And eventually you will realise that you have the ability to smile even through the rainiest day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u