Skip to main content

Be careful boy, you might cause a photo montage with a Volvo

Alright, its hotter here then in a pepper`s belly, but im going to really try to write something now. Im sure I`ve mentioned this before in some way- and I have a feeling I wrote something along these thoughts a few years ago when I first started this blog, but thoughts evolve- or at least does the vibe in my writing (hopefully) so I decided to give this a go. Get my creative spirit going when all I want to do is melt. But no more excuses, I sort of breathe for this.

First of all, am I the only one whos brain goes crazy hazy and shoots up to a 1000 when hearing a guy im casually dating say certain words, Do you want kids ? We see a volvo, a backyard, a family picnic, kids running down green fields with the dog like its Sound of Music, a proud look on a husbands face as he fixed the baseboard falling out of the wall and finally- Spagetti Bolognese.

Okey maybe not in that specific order (or Specifically those things.. but you get my point)

And then one day (like for example when we realise that we might have to move away, cuting the dating short) we (me) get afraid (a rush) that the thing that never really started, but could have, is now- if we dont say something- forever left behind. A photo montage and a need to throw life lines enters our crazy hazy mind. 
If boys only knew how even just the word-drops make us (or is it just me?) tick, even if we in our rational state know that things should, and can- wait. Besides, there is no way on earth knowing if This is it, yet.
The road to that could take a year or two,(and just so you know) Im not as crazy hazy as they might assume. And only after that- are we on that check-list; girlfriend status, meeting parents, moving in, marrige and kids. And no this is not a one weeks grocery list. In slow steps they might follow, long after the hazyness caused by the pre- said words has loosened its grip. Once I see this, you, us, for what It really is. If you only knew how your word dropping makes my eyes go blind. I cant see whats infront of me- you, me, our lives. You are somewhere, and I am here, you might not actually be ready- shake it off and I see it clear.


On the other hand, we shouldnt be too hard on them here either (its not their nesting hormones buzzing after all..) they are allowed to just talk.. And this really isnt their fault.
Im mean he`s supposed to be allowed to say that he does housework (right ?), and how else is he going to let me know (and I get it confirmed) that he does that ?

But, just saying, a crazy hazy buzz will be taking over this train.

I get high on these fumes so fast and easy, yet I wouldnt listen to or want to hear to the words I love you - before I really know they meant it, and I wouldnt say it to them. Love, real real love takes time to grow and blossom. There is so much we need to see and learn before we know its true.

Now I can see a volvo in the distance, with some spagetti bolognese on the side, but its not you driving, I cant see that far in neither of our lives.

But the future is there, in the distance, with someone that makes me smile.

All I know is- I will be fine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u