Skip to main content

CrossWords

I wanted to write about disputes, arguments, exchange of thoughts over text. How it takes so much energy and only afterwards you start to put together what the other person meant. It is easy to flip over and make a huge mess out of nearly nothing when we read and write simultaniously. Sections of that to which we already angrily replied- land on the thread after and behind. It is a mess.
No that I´ve taken time to breathe I can see both of our thoughts clearer.
I deleted the texts- all we wrote infact, just to keep myself from going back. There were so much that I think we understood, yet with the over hanging intensity and bad upset mood, some pieces got no answer (or yelled at) so I will write that down here for you.

- I never knew you wanted me to wait for you - I would have if you had showed me something to hold on too (like a grounded carrying friendship- it is not only about how often you meet). I know it´s not fair on you to say- as you are still batteling with life and yourself everyday- hoping to find yourself (with no time in your hands) someday. There are alot going on and I understand- you can not be there to hold others hand, you make mistakes and lack of time and headspace to care. But how do I know that the problem is only temporary- or will it always be there?

I thought I held on to only my hopes, so eventually (still missing you though) I made a decision to try to let go- I looked elsewhere, casually, I have my life to think of you see. 

Do not know where it leads- and I do not take big steps too easily.

You told me "You did not exactly wait for me" (but what was I supposed to do, you told me months before that you did not think that the two of us was right for you.. besides when only hanging on to my hopes what was I supposed to do ?). Now you told me that you agreed with me- maybe in a year or two. 

So there we were, you in a mess/personality crisis towards what you want and who you are, and me not knowing that you actually on some level felt that way about me and you. You knew I was seeing others and so when your ex came by- looking for something and you did not quite understand why- you decided to give it a try. 

But you are not in the right place, neither do you have the time. She gets angry at you for your busy life- I hope that when you explain it to her she understands- you do need yourself, so give that a chance. Maybe one-day you´ll understand. But this is not my place- so I will leave it at that. 


- That you did not tell me (or anyone) about your ex now coming back to your life as you did not understand it yourself or how you felt, that I understand. But if you felt like giving it a try- thats where you should have told me- as I had expressed my hopes for us. This (and with that one text later) is where I felt like you broke my trust. Did my feelings matter to you at all ? Before you invited me to your Monday run- it should have been something you should have told me- be honest with your intentions- thats all. 


- When you got upset about me mentioning that it bothered  me that when we where seeing eachother you only invited me for a date within your four walls (I invited you to the outside world) - this was not as much about me beeing upset about your lack of time- If you were really that busy I can now appreciate your efforts to try. My bad feeling came from what just being in that space- It made me feel like you where hiding me in some way. 

- I've decided to believe you, I was never a secret to you- you did tell you friends back then about me and you. 


- And about the flirting towards me the two times we met as friends (and that one remenising joking text last week)- that made me as I explained it to you very upset
Do not show me more closness than you intend to keep. Do not show me more than what you actually mean (especially if you are giving something else a try..only the text message is related to that time). Even though I understand- in the moment we may get lost- it happens easily...if feelings and attraction are still there it is hard to step back- but I am asking you, as a friend, take a second to think about how you act. It is not easy, these situations are tricky, how to turn the engine off ?- trust me within me I feel the same, but with trial, error and will to care- I want to believe that we can get there. 


I do not know if he will read this- do not want to bother him anymore (less stress if I end the texting thats all) but always take a second look at what was said. Slammed doors should be opened and then delt with softly as we turn the page again. Wash the anger and disputes away. By clearing things up I can sleep again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go - Do it for You (about the fear of solo-travel, not about crossing the Serengeti)

Solo-travel and exploring on your own often seems to be something that's considered too big of  an hurdle, an  uncomfortable area we`d rather avoid. As wolves we are more comfortable in a pack. I used to think like this myself. The thing is however, that we often (as singles in a busy world) find ourselves alone when we would have the time for an adventure. Schedules don't fit.  - Then there's of-course the differences in interests as well, and as being without a partner no one is  "obligated" (please take with sarcasm :D) to go with you on your holiday to extraordinary locations and events.  But hey, that said; - what a perfect time for you to do exactly what you always dreamed of ! All I want to say is go for it.   Don't sit around waiting for "maybe another time" due to the fear, and I'm not talking about the fear of being scared that something might happen on the way (that doesn't seem to be the first thing that pops into

Grandpas legacy

My grandpa passed away some years ago. For a long time during my teenage years and some into adulthood I felt light-years away from him, in our morals and teachings to follow. I was only looking at him like a priest, with his bible, a hungry need for being in the spotlight (he was a well liked radio host, preacher, author, playwright, ceremony holder, documentary film maker, pilgrim arranger, met the pope once- you name it). When I was feeling down at the age of 17 he wrote me a letter about watching more of TV7 (a local conservative evangelical christian channel), he told me it made his days brighter and that I should try it too. PS. He was not conservative, I think. We never talked much- not really. He had 3 grandchildren.  I do not think that he ever really knew me, and neither did I take my time to view him as a person behind the priesthood which he so often talked about . But when I look back on him now- as I found myself and stand supported, I can see past the job he had chosen (

To all my busy friends, show up in my life too- it matters

I would run cartwheels right where I stood if you showed up at my doorstep, if you suddenly sat in the audience during my Indian dance or Improv theater performance.  I would remember it forever if you showed up at the airport to say goodbye for now or welcome back,  I would love for you to ask me where in the world I am at.  I would love for you to reach out to me and ask us to read the same book simultaneously and then meet over coffee to share our thoughts, It doesn't take much time out of your schedule or much effort of sorts, just a suggestion, a thought.  I would love to go out for a joint run or jog- maybe for once right here in my hood- you could use my studio apartments little one person shower,  My home, my little wonderful life- You know you are welcome here too.  Meet me in my life, see where I live and what I do, it might not be marriage and children, or a big suburban house with a yard, but it is me, your friend- still hanging on at the other end.  Someone who shows u